COVID-19 Resources in North Carolina
Building Integrated Communities (BIC) has collected a list of Spanish-language resources for immigrant residents—as well as for local governments and nonprofit/grassroots organizations working with immigrant residents—in the state of North Carolina.
NECESITA ESTA INFORMACIÓN EN ESPAÑOL? Haga clic aquí.
Please be sure check back periodically, as we will continue to add more resources. If you would prefer to receive updates, please sign up using the form on the right to be added to our BIC list-serv.
Are there any resources you would like to share? Feel free to send us an email, and we will add it!
These nonprofit/grassroots organizations provide general resources and information—on a variety of topics—on their websites and Facebook pages. Most of this content is in Spanish.
- AMEXCAN North Carolina (Eastern NC)
- Chatham County Vecino a Vecino: Sign up online or call Marcela Salade (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm) at 919-448-4888
- El Centro Hispano (Triangle area)
- El Pueblo (Wake County)
- El Refugio (Sanford / Lee County, NC)
- El Vínculo Hispano (rural Central Piedmont region of NC, including Chatham, Alamance, Randolph, and Lee counties
- Enlace Latino
- La Cuarentena NC
- Mamás Con Poder – MomsRising
- Sea Change Partnership (Dare County)
- Siembra NC
- Welcoming America
- NC Immigration Services
- Podcast on COVID-19 and agricultural workers
- Latinx Radio Stations broadcasting COVID-19 information
Below are additional resources and information organized by topic.
AT-HOME LEARNING RESOURCES
We have noted which of the following resources are available in Spanish.
- UNC-TV At-Home Learning Resources (ENGLISH — scroll to the bottom of the page to see webinar in Spanish about how to use these resources)
- Recursos de PreK-12 para Cierres de Emergencia (ESPAÑOL)
- North Carolina Department of Public Instruction COVID-19 Parent & Family FAQs (ENGLISH – select preferred language in upper right-hand corner of the web page)
- UNC School of Education Resources for Students, Families, and Educators During COVID-19 (ENGLISH)
- Parenting, teaching, and working from home? Here are a few things that might help (ENGLISH)
- Helping Children Cope With Changes Resulting From COVID-19 (ENGLISH — has links to resources in multiple languages; tiene enlaces a recursos en varios idiomas) || Cómo ayudar a los niños a lidiar con los cambios provocados por la COVID-19 (ESPAÑOL)
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource (ENGLISH) || Hable con sus hijos sobre el COVID-19 (Coronavirus): Un recurso para padres (ESPAÑOL)
- Cómo ayudar a los niños y adolescentes a sobrellevar la emergencia COVID 19 (grabación de webinar en ESPAÑOL – haga clic en “Open in browser”)
Enlace Latino provides a list of emergency funds that help undocumented residents. We are also listing several additional funds that aren’t listed on their website.
- Almas Unidas para el Bienestar Social (Amexcan NC) – call Elizabeth Medina (252-686-1597), Maritza Mata (252-367-9708), or Missel de León (919-453-3376); for more details se Enlace Latino’s web page
- Chatham Solidarity Fund (for Chatham County Residents): Application in English | Solicitud en español
- El Centro Hispano COVID19 Crisis Response Fund Application – apoyo económico para comprar comida y suministros (financial assistance to purchase food and supplies)
- Enlace Latino – Guía de fondos para inmigrantes afectados por el coronavirus
- Fundación CORE (Children of Restaurant Employees) – ofreciendo apoyo financiero a los empleados de restaurante con hijos enfermos de COVID-19 (o empleados enfermos que tienen hijos).
- Outer Banks Community Foundation COVID-19 Rapid Response Grants Program – assistance to individuals and families facing a temporary emergency crisis in Dare and Currituck Counties (apply via phone 252-480-0070 or online by clicking here
- Mutual Aid Carrboro – accepts donations and gives out $150 cash to each family that applies
- Préstamo de Recuperación Rápida – para las pequeñas empresas y granjas familiares (for small businesses and family farms)
- Programa de Asistencia de Emergencia para Bartender – para los que trabajaban en restaurantes o bares (for restaurant/bar workers)
- Iglesia Saint Thomas More – rental assistance for Orange County residents; call 919-942-6216
- Saxapahaw United Methodist micro-grant program (Alamance County)
- Siembra NC – call 336-543-0353; for more details visit Enlace Latino’s web page
FOOD & SUPPLIES
- Food Not Bombs (Orange County)
- Online form to request/donate items
- Delivers food, diapers, and other supplies to families. They will pick up your donations as well as fulfill requests for families in Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill.
- No Kid Hungry
- Families facing financial difficulties in buying food can text “COMIDA” to 877-877 or call 2-1-1
GOVERNOR’S EXECUTIVE ORDERS & BRIEFINGS
- Check My Symptoms
- Find My Testing Place
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information in Spanish
- NC Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS) COVID-19 Resources and Information in Spanish
- Flyers in multiple languages
- “Hispanic Leaders” list-serv (contact Rogelio.Valencia@dhhs.nc.gov)
- ¿Cree necesitar una prueba para el COVID-19 (y no tiene seguro)?
- Síntomas del COVID-19
- Flu Vaccine Resource Guide
- Seasonal Health Guide for Seniors
- NC Justice Center
- Protecting Immigrant Families (National Immigration Law Center)
- Hotline for Tenants (Daily Tar Heel article with the number)
- WOLS-FM 106.1 (Mexican Regional)
- WNOW-AM 1030 (Mexican Regional)
- WXNC-AM 1060 (Spanish Adult Hits)
- WGSP-AM 1310 (Spanish Contemporary)
- WGSP-FM 102.3 (Spanish Contemporary)
- Greensboro/Winston-Salem/High Point
- WSGH-AM 1040 (Hispanic)
- WIST-FM 98.3 (Mexican Regional)
- WWNT-AM 1380 (Spanish/News/Talk/Sport)
- WWBG-AM 1470 (Spanish News/Talk/Sport)
- WBLO-AM 790 (Tropical)
- WZUP-FM 104.7 (Mexican Regional)
- WSRP-AM 910 (Mexican Regional)
- WYMY-FM 1 (Mexican Regional)
- WTIK-AM 1310 (Spanish Contemporary)
- WRDJ-AM 1410 (Spanish News/Talk/Sport)
- WCMC-F4 99.9 (Ethnic-South Asian)
- WDUR-AM 1490 (Ethnic-South Asian)
- WLSG-AM 1340 (Mexican Regional)
Special COVID-19 Topics
Immigrant Eligibility for Stimulus Checks / Elegibilidad de Inmigrantes para los Estímulos Económicos
Whether you're an immigrant, or a U.S. citizen married to an immigrant, it can be tricky understanding the criteria for eligibility. | Ya sea un inmigrante, o ciudadano/a casado/a con un inmigrante, puede ser difícil comprender el criterio de elegibilidad.
Sign-Up for Our Email List
Receive updates on COVID-19 resources!