APPLES Global Course Guanajuato
Now open for 2017-2018 academic year
CLICK: APPLES Global Course Guanajuato is a spring semester course involving research and service learning with immigrants in North Carolina and travel to their communities of origin in Guanajuato, Mexico over spring break.
Guanajuato Connections trains students to understand the contemporary and historical complexities of immigration through two programs that involve academic study, service-learning and global travel to the Mexican origin communities of immigrants settled in Chapel Hill. For nearly a decade, the LMP has fostered bi-national relationships with migrant families, secondary schools, and foundations in Mexico, resulting in affordable and transformative educational programs.
- Carolina Alumni Review, “Citizens of Carolina”
- Association of Research Libraries features New Roots/Nuevas Raíces
- LISTEN—2017 interviews available in the New Roots/Nuevas Raíces Archive
- Understanding DACA’s legacy in North Carolina: a report from the Latino Migration Project
- UNC Senior Ana Dougherty Receives 2017 Princeton in Latin America Fellowship
- Winston-Salem pipeline information sessions | Winston-Salem Sesiones informativas para recién llegados
- Guanajuato spotlight: Elizabeth Byrum