APPLES Global Course Guanajuato
CLICK: APPLES Global Course Guanajuato is a spring semester course involving research and service learning with immigrants in North Carolina and travel to their communities of origin in Guanajuato, Mexico over spring break.
Guanajuato Connections trains students to understand the contemporary and historical complexities of immigration through two programs that involve academic study, service-learning and global travel to the Mexican origin communities of immigrants settled in Chapel Hill. For nearly a decade, the LMP has fostered bi-national relationships with migrant families, secondary schools, and foundations in Mexico, resulting in affordable and transformative educational programs.
- Guanajuato spotlight: Elizabeth Byrum
- LISTEN—2017 interviews available in the New Roots/Nuevas Raíces Archive
- Sanford BIC, COLTS survey residents served by new county transit
- Meet Kristina: Guanajuato Class of 2017 and FLAS Recipient
- Congratulations, Laura! Published article, “Transnationalism and health”
- Research spotlight: Occupational science and occupational therapy
- Updated 2017: Guanajuato Professional Portal